Fresh Peach Cobbler:
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or other sweetener
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 4 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1 cup water
- ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine ( or butter)
- 1/2 cup soymilk or water (I used rice milk because that is what Steve and Luke drink, but you could use whole milk, raw milk, whatever kind of milk you use. I have not tried it with water)
Combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan, then stir in the peaches and water. Bring to a boil, then boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour into a 9” square baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in soymilk until mixed, then drop by spoonfuls onto the hot fruit. Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.